Inside Sales Representative - posted May 15th, 2013
Power Standards Lab is looking for an INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Located in Alameda, California, Power Standards Lab www.powerstandards.com is the world leader in precision measurement of electric power -- the basis for the whole "green" power revolution. Founded in 2000, PSL is well-established in the world market, while retaining a quick-moving start-up approach to business. As a team, we're cheerful, energetic, hard-working, and polite. Company-paid family-oriented medical/dental/vision are part of our excellent benefit package.
- Take ownership of the complete RFQ sales cycle: lead engagement, cold calling, meeting scheduling (as needed), and follow through to close the deal.
- Manage lead qualification process to generate new opportunities.
- Identify prospect's decision makers and understand their business needs.
- Maximize ongoing revenue from customers by encouraging product upselling opportunities and recommending component configurations.
- Create quotes for potential clients, and follow-up on a timely basis.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within a client base.
- Collaborate with PSL Account Managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Maintain lead records and activities through SalesForce.
- For high sales volume potential leads, ensure timely follow-up by passing leads to Account Managers with calls to action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain strong client relationships.
- Prepare weekly activity reports using SalesForce and distribute to management.
- College degree in Electrical Engineering or a background in EE inside sales.
- 2 to 3 years of direct work experience in a sales environment.
- Knowledgeable of the electrical and technical side of power systems.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to occasionally travel to attend sales events.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Experience with SalesForce.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format and include a cover letter explaining why you would be a good
fit as the Inside Sales Representative for PSL. This position is non-commissioned, salary-based, so please
also include your desired salary range.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we will only be able to respond to those selected for follow-up.
We are unable to take any calls regarding this position.
Power Standards Lab is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.